Charlene Lam, MD, MPH
Charlene Lam, MD, MPH, associate professor of dermatology, is a board-certified dermatologist with Penn State Health. Dr. Lam specializes in Mohs micrographic surgery, advanced reconstruction, cosmetic dermatology and laser surgery. She grew up in Pittsburgh, Pa. Following graduation from Emory University with Highest Honors, Dr. Lam completed a dual-degree program at Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, earning a medical degree and master’s of public health. She was also recognized as a Boonshoft Leadership Scholar. Dr. Lam completed her dermatology residency training at Penn State and her Mohs micrographic surgery, cutaneous oncology, and laser and cosmetic fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic. She has authored more than 40 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters, and has spoken at national meetings on the topics of dermatologic surgery and cosmetic procedures.
Minimally invasive cosmetic procedures for comprehensive facial rejuvenation and photo-aging
- Comprehensive treatment of acne scarring and melasma, including chemical peels, laser resurfacing and subcision
- Comprehensive treatment for fines lines, wrinkles and overall facial rejuvenation, including Botox®, soft tissue fillers and laser resurfacing
- Laser treatment for unwanted redness from rosacea, sun damage and benign growths, such as angiomas
- Laser treatment for unwanted pigmented lesions, including sunspots and tattoos
- Kybella™ noninvasive treatment of chin and facial fullness
- Undergraduate: Emory University (Highest Honors), Atlanta, Ga.
- Medical School: Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, Dayton, Ohio
- Residency: Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pa.
- Fellowship: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio