Chin and Jaw Augmentation
What is a chin and jaw augmentation?
Chin and jaw augmentation (genioplasty/mentoplasty) can alter the underlying structure of the face to enhance facial profile and shape, providing more balance to the features. The procedure may involve reduction or addition of material to the chin in the form of chin rounding by osteotomy, or chin augmentation using surgical implants.
Chin augmentation may strengthen appearance by successfully treating these conditions:
- Overly prominent jaw or chin
- A sunken or underdeveloped “weak” chin
- An unbalanced, uneven facial profile
The facial profile and general appearance of chin, jaw and neckline are all interconnected. There is no one corrective solution for everybody. Careful three-dimensional analysis of the soft tissue and underlying bone structure of the midface, lower jaw and neck are important to choosing the correct procedure to improve the jaw and neckline.
Other procedures that may be performed in combination with chin and jaw augmentation:
- Restoration of a strong jaw line by replacing missing soft tissue volume in the fat compartments of the midface with filler agents like Voluma or via fat grafting
- Nose surgery or rhinoplasty
- Cheek implant and lip augmentation to help provide overall facial balance
- Facial liposuction to remove fat from under the chin and neck
Learn more about procedures for chin and jaw augmentation.
Learn about payment terms and options for procedures and retail products.